GE – Hitachi Nuclear Energy Tooling Development Center
A new Tooling Development Center located in San Jose on existing GE-Hitachi Property. The project will provide GE-Hitachi with 17,065 SF of tooling manufacturing area, storage, and associated office and conference rooms.
- Project Name: GE – Hitachi Nuclear Energy Tooling Development Center
- Location/Address: 2020 Little Orchard Street, San Jose, CA 95125
- Project Type: Industrial
- Category: Industrial Manufacturing
- Owner Name: GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy Americas LLC
- Project Services: Design/Build
- General Contractor: Barry Swenson Builder
- Architect: Barry Swenson Builder Architectural
- Structural Engineer: Peoples Associates (Foundation & Slab), GEM Buildings (Building Structural)
- Civil Engineer: Civil Engineering Associates
- Mechanical Engineer: Mechanical Technologies Corp.
- Electrical Engineer: Sprig Electric
- Plumbing: Can-Am Plumbing
- Project Cost: $5.9M
- Project Size in Square Feet: 12,000 SF, 1-Story Pre-Fabricated Type II Building, 1,335 SF Mezzanine, 3,730 SF Covered Storage.
- Project Completion Date: 7/17/2015
- Total Construction Duration in Months: 10 months
- General Comments: General Electric has been a client of BSB’s for over 20 years. The new Tooling Development Center is the most recent project from a wide array of work we have performed for them over the years.
- Challenging Portions of this Project: Due to the client’s schedule for relocating their Tooling Development Operations from an existing facility to the new facility, the project broke ground in the Fall with demolition, underground utilities, grading, foundations and paving occurring during the wet winter months. BSB worked closely with our subcontractors to minimize loss of production due to poor weather by winterizing the site. This allowed the project to maintain schedule with the foundations and slab-on-grade pours occurring in December.
- Greatest Success of the Project: Project delivered early and within the client’s budget.
- Parking Requirements: Surface Parking included 41 regular stalls and 2 Handicap Accessible stalls.